Saturday, December 11, 2010

FINAL REPORT ON PLN

Well, first of all, I now know what a PLN is. Second I know why it is important to me. Third and last, I know why it is important to my future students. I, as a teacher in the age of the Millineal and the Alpha generations, will be a facilitator for their use of the available technology for learning. In other words, I will have to show them how and encourage my future students to use available technology for learning what they need to learn in the classroom. My PLN has evolved from rarely checking e-mail to having a detailed blog, subscribing to various interesting blogs, participating (and enjoying) Facebook, and using the computer happily instead of grudgingly. I do not have a Twitter account but I do enjoy my YouTube account and although I have had a g-mail account for about 5 years, I had no idea how useful it can be. What potential!! I see a PLN as something that is ever changing for me as I learn new things but my view of today's technology as the ultimate learning tool is a new and welcomed view.

No comments:

Post a Comment