Saturday, December 11, 2010

Final Reflection





Wow! I don't know where to start! Maybe I should start with the first day. I did not even know I was looking at a blog when I pulled up the class blog website. I had never been to one, so I didn't know what one was. I am almost 30 years old and the only reason why I used computers before this class was just because I felt I had no choice most of the time. I did not know how to enjoy them. The neatest thing to me was to use the computer to pay bills and save the trees.

In spite of that I was one of the many students who felt that I could get away with minimum amounts of time spent on this class because of the lack of supervision that comes with it. However, I quickly found myself literally drownding and struggling to catch up within the first 3 weeks of class. In other words, I had to learn the hard way to spend some time in the lab.

This class did challenge me to the point of near insanity. But I did start college for a challenge, so I guess I can't complain too much about that. Dr. Strange and the lab associates (as they like to be called) were always there to help. They take their job seriously. At the same time they liked to cut up with me and show me how to have fun with the assignements.

The direction that Dr. Strange is taking his students in is, perhaps what is most worthy of my reflection. I had no idea the type of revolution our educational institution is in. Everything is changing and, just like everything except for drama, we are behind here in the south. Children are learning differently and we must compete. We must be able to participate in what the world is doing. Human beings have always thrived off of each other's ideas. Students today crave interaction and idea sharing - PLN's.

No comments:

Post a Comment